Last Wednesday, Esther had a grand mal seizure. I was putting her in her high chair and her expression went blank and her face contorted. I held her in my arms and her eyes rolled back in her head, she stopped breathing, and her body started convulsing. My son was right there and I had him call 911. Her seizure went on for about 1 1/2 minutes. It was one of the scariest moments of my life!
We spent the next 5 hours in the ER while they drew blood, urine, did a CT scan, and hooked her up to several monitors. All tests came back in normal ranges. We spent the next several days at doctor offices and finished up today with a EEG, in which we should get the results by the end of the week. Thus far, there is no medical reason to explain her seizure. She had no fever, her electrolytes were fine, no tumor (praise the Lord!)
She had a virus several day before the seizure and had tubes put in the week before so the doctor's one thought was that her system could not take that kind of stress. Anyway...I can't tell you how difficult it was to lay her down to sleep that first night. I put her in the Lord's hands and was very tearful. As of Sunday, Esther seemed to be back to her normal self and I was able to get better sleep. I had difficulty those fist couple days closing my eyes and having flashbacks. I am thankful that has subsided.
I'd like to thank the many who have been praying on our behalf. I will post again when we find out results from the EEG. We thank the Lord there has not been another seizure and that Esther has bounced back to herself!
3 comments:
We are praying for you Melissa!
she is so beautiful... and the Lord knows. How many times have I literally done the same thing... put my children in the hands of the Lord when they were so ill and it was completely out of my hands to help. I can't tell you how often I have gone to bed saying "You take the watch Lord. I need some sleep. I know you'll wake me if I'm needed."...
Know you are loved dearly. Be blessed.
Oh Melissa how very scary that must have been. Praise the Lord she hasn't had one since and I will be praying for your family.
Post a Comment