I can hardly believe we are in June. June 25th is Esther's "Gotcha Day". I recently looked back at last year's calendar and reviewed all the craziness and coordination of that month...from closing down my classroom, to the final paperwork, airline reservations, coordinating care and arrival of family to take care of the kids, last minute health testing for me, packing preparations... I'm feeling guilty at this moment as I still have not even started a scrapbook of the whole event?! I feel like I have been in and out of survival mode for the most of this year and just coordinating 4 kids, my house, extended family, and a marriage has been enough. Can anyone relate?
I hope to get started this summer...anyway...I thought I would pick some fun pictures to reflect on last year's journey over the next couple entries...so hang on for a nostalgic ride.

The anxiously awaiting parents...movie camera in hand and waiting Esther's arrival.

A very upset Esther as she leaves the presence of her Foster Mom and heads back to the hotel.

An exhausted Esther an hour later...wearing down from many tears...in the snuggli carrier. This marks June 25th of one year ago.
1 comment:
wow! can't believe it has been a year!!! Where has the time gone? I have so enjoyed getting to know you through this process and sharing my adoption with you. Hope you are feeling better.
oh yes, finally posted a few new pics of jonathan.
Post a Comment