Tuesday, May 01, 2007

But wait...there's more...


OK...now that I've calmed down a little I will take a moment and post her second picture and tell you a little bit more of what we know. Esther was abandoned on August 27th, 2006. They estimate her birthdate as August 26th, so that will go on her birth certificate. She is from the province of Guangxi, in the southern most part of China. This picture is from when she was 7 months old. In many of the orphanages in China they keep the girls hair buzzed like this to reduce lice infestations. Ruthie had to have us reassure her that she really was a girl with such short hair:) Most of her paperwork is in Chinese, but there is a section that has boxes to check in both English and Chinese. Her caregivers describe her as active, restless, fond of playing with toys, quick in reaction and impatient sometimes. Considering some of the other choices were like quiet, peaceful etc...I figure that puts Esther fitting right in with her other siblings. I will let you know more as we find out :)

6 comments:

Pansy said...

It's pretty amazing, but she looks just like CJ only with dark hair! :) Melissa, we are so happy for you and your whole family. It's a special blessing that God has given Esther...and your whole family! I'll be praying for you! Ginger

mhenshaw said...

Wow, Melissa and Rob these pictures of Grace are totally beautiful. Thank you for sharing them. God's so good. Marc

Aunt Cat said...

HI Esther! You are beautiful!! I cannot wait to meet you in person! I have been praying for you for so long and waiting for the Lord to reveal you to us that I am nearly speechless. (Ask your mom and dad and they will tell you that would be rare). And at one time my hair was as short as yours is. Bows do wonders!! Love your Aunt Cat

The Vickerman's said...

Congratulations!! She is absolutely precious. I can't wait to meet her:):)

Mei Mei said...

We are thrilled for Esther and her new family! What a delight! She is perfedt! Glory to God!
hugs
The Black Family

Mei Mei said...

YEAH! We are so thrilled for Esther and her new family! She is perfect! We can't wait to follow you to China and see her in your arms at last! Glory to God!
hugs from the Black Family