
We are expecting what is called our travel authorization (TA) toward the end of this week. This will set the wheels in motion so our agency can make us a consulate appointment (CA) in China. This CA determines our travel dates to China. The time is drawing near...
So, how does a mother to be feel as the time is approaching...a little nervous (multiply that by alot), excited, a sense of longing, a sense of wonderment for what will be and what has all ready taken place by God's grace.
I remember certain points with each of my children before they were born. I would know their active times...feel their kicks and movements...jiggle with their hiccups...and enjoy their sensation as our lives intertwined...looking forward to that day when we would meet face to face.
With you Esther...it is different...I am connected with you in a way that spans beyond the physical. You have been on my heart for two years. Before I ever saw your picture, I pictured you in my heart. I spent much time wondering and praying. I used to wonder who might be holding you when you cried and praying for the Lord to help you feel secure and loved. I am so thankful to know you have a foster family whom the Lord has allowed to provide that security and love until we can come and bring you home. As the time draws near, I look forward to holding you and looking deep into your eyes and reaching that place that only a mother can with her child. I look forward to learning who you are and the gifts the Lord has placed within you. I look forward to bringing you home and starting our lives together. I am so thankful, my child, for you!
2 comments:
Again your heart and words brought tears to my eyes. Esther is truly blessed to have a you; her mother!
You have moved me Science Mama. My eyes got a little teary too.
Post a Comment