Friday, May 18, 2007

Could this be her as an infant?


Sorry the image is so small. I could not get it any larger and in focus when I copied it. I am part of a Yahoo group of Cenxi orphanage kids. I found this photo in one of their files listed as "newest baby" in the 2006 files. Could this be Esther when she was itty bitty? We may never know...but it is quite possible.

I am sending out a package to Esther's orphanage today. I got a lot of good ideas from people who have been this route before. We are sending a blanket, a toy, gifts for foster mom, orphanage director, candy and 48 toothbrushes for kids in orphanage (like that dicotomy?...sugar and sugar remover :)), a camera for her family to take pictures of Esther and foster family, and some stationary for her foster mom to write her a letter for Esther to read when she is older. Now ask me how I will fit all that in my fixed size package... And I had to find someone to translate a letter and then I went on line to make some labels for items that didn't fit in the categories I all ready had. So, hopefully I choose the correct characters for people and items and didn't write some odd translation. Hopefully, all involved will have a good sense of humor..."gee, this looks like candy, but the label says eyeball of cow"...:)

5 comments:

AlpacaRob said...

You are a funny gal Science Mama. I can't wait until we have the travel arrangements completed. This is killing me.

AlpacaRob said...

Man, there just aren't very many commentors in our circle of so-called friends. I see your counter zooming along, but you would think that at least a small precent were leave some sort of comment.....

nerak said...

The package sounds great. I think all involved willappreciate it! That infant pic is very cute.

Jill said...

How exciting and heart warming to imagine this bundled baby might be Esther.
Jill

Jill said...

I think I will go peek at AlpacRob and give the poor guy a comment or two
Jill