Friday, May 11, 2007

Translation of Esther's Growth Report


The translation of Esther's paperwork that arrived last week came in today. Here are some interesting and lovely tidbits.
- Esther was found next to a Kinderdarten. (Her birth family released her where she could be found.)
- She had clothes, a milk bottle, and a red bag with her. (Her birth family wanted her to be taken care of.)
- She was 4.8 lbs and 17 1/2 inches long.
- She was examined and determined to be one day old, but premature.
- At 3 months, she would laugh loudly and liked to be tickled.
- At 5 months, she could sit while propped.
- She would get excited when her foster mother was getting her bottle or food ready. (Sounds like the our family each evening.)
- She likes sweet food (jam for her congee, which I think is like a custard).
- At 6 months, she would follow her family in the baby walker.
- She likes to have her foster mother take her outside. (That is so like our kids.)
- She eats milk, congee, soft rice, soup, egg, carrot and biscuit.

This is my favorite line at the end "She is active, and an extrovert, she likes to be in a group, likes laughing and reacts fast." Sounds like she'll be one of the may entertainers at our dinner table :)

There are some funny lines too. This one is my favorite, "If a piece of paper were given to her, she would hold it and turn it into a mess." Imagine a 6 month old doing that, eh? Praise you Lord for this good report!

3 comments:

nerak said...

I just loved reading the tidbits. I got a knot in my stomach and a smile on my face. I pressed print to cpy them and have them near. And wouldn't you know it , that meant I got all eight blogs you've posted. Oh, well.

Grand-mama said...

Congee is a Chicken Rice Soup. It is made from equal parts regular broken grain rice and glutenous rice (like calarose), chicken broth, ginger and soy sauce. We made it all the time at Little Saint's Academy for Gracie Liang lai Cullen, she loved it along with our other special requests she made. Like Chinese New Year's Stir Fry Shrimp rice. I'm sure Essie will love it too.
Love and Kisses
Grand-mama

Jill said...

I just realized how close Ella and Esther were to eachother! How cool is that?

Praying for speedy TA and travel!!