

So, I have been having a little Googlitis these past few days(an insatiable need for research done at way too late of hours :) Here is what I have discovered as my cup of coffee and I have burned the midnight oil.
Esther's city is called Cenxi and is located on the eastern portion of the map up top (in blue letters...sorry so tiny). This city has tripled in size over the last 10 years and some construction is currently being subsidized by some US banks. So, what would be the interest? Well, Cenxi is home to Cenxi Red Granite. I guess I'm out of the granite loop, but it is world famous. Of course, Robert being the geologist, just loved this connection and can't wait to get a sample.
We will fly into the city of Nanning (in yellow letters in the lower middle) which is the capital of the province. This is where we will meet Esther and sign paperwork to officially make her our daughter. We have asked our Small World director if we can make the 4 hour trip east (follow that green road)and visit Esther's town of birth. Like a road trip to Seattle from our house...
The picture you see below the map is her orphanage. The exciting part is that she has spent very little time there. I will have to tell you "the rest of the story" in my next post...
2 comments:
Your killing me with the 'rest of the story' thing. You had best post tomorrow or at least give me a call!
So I see a red thread with the geology thing. God is amazing.
This is going to be an amazing journey, and I can't wait to follow along. Plus, I'm waiting to hear the "rest of the story".
We're here praying for you.
Cheri
Post a Comment