
Things are going well on the end of our first week with Esther. Can you believe it's been a week? Here she is standing leaning on the bed. She is very trusting and just assumes if she flops back...someone will catch her.

This is how she likes to go to sleep...with a bottle in one hand and a terry cloth in the other. When I talked to her foster mom, she said she put her to bed with a bottle. So, I have changed that somewhat by feeding her right before bed and then putting her to bed with a bottle with about 1 oz. of warm water. That way I figure it rinses off her teeth and gives her the comfort she is used to at the same time. The terry cloth thing...well, my best guess is the blanket she had must have been made of terry cloth. She loves to kind of knead it in her fingers as she goes to sleep.

Am I happy or sad? All I know is I want mommy to pick me up! Do you see the socks next to her legs. This kid has probably never worn socks a day in her life. So, when we put them on her, she sees them as a special challenge to remove and chew. Good thing its summer...hopefully she'll like socks by winter:)

Who is this handsome dude in his White Swan robe? Yes, Alpaca Rob is enjoying the high life of the 5 star hotel...the turned down bed at night with terry slippers next to your bed, the river view with light show, and his favorite...little chocolates delivered before bedtime:) Enjoy it while it lasts Alpaca Rob...only two full days left!!

Aren't they sweet? Esther got chilly in her crib this afternoon, so Alpaca Rob helped warm her back to sleep. It worked to well...it put him to sleep too:)
Blessings upon you all and thank you for all your prayers! Good night our time!
2 comments:
Thanks for letting us be part of your journey...it brings back so many memories :). We are keeping you in our prayers, and can't wait for your arrival home.
Beth
Now that looks like one content baby (with the exeption of wanting to be picked up)! I see no fear in this child's eyes at all. What a wonderful gift God has given you. I know this is just going to add more splendor to your lives. Blessings to you and we'll be praying for your safe return. What a beautiful family!
Love to you,
Cheri and family
Post a Comment