
So, how do you fit two teenagers, two adults, a 5 year old, a baby, and all their gear for camping in one van? Well, here's how we did it! No, there were no kids stored in the roof rack:)

So, how did Esther travel? Exceptionally well. She did a little bit of what you see here, some munching on crackers, some playing with her toys, and only a little bit of fussing. Way to go Esther!
This is what we stayed in...it is called a Yurt...otherwise known as a Mongolian Hut. It is a wooden framed hut, with a canvas cover, a domed skylight, in a circular shape, and elevated off the ground. You get one plug, a heater, a futon, and bunk beds. It beats the heck out of a tent when you get that coastal rain (which we got).
This is Esther chewing on her strap while being protected from the misting rain with her hood. This was the day we got to the coast and decided to take a stroll along the beach. We found out later this was the last part of the rain hitting the coast from a Typhoon that hit Japan. Thankfully, the weather was better the rest of the time.
Here is the inside of the Yurt with Esther taking a snooze in the stroller. I will post more pictures later of some of the other adventures, but suffice it to say for now...Esther's first camp experience was a good one!!
3 comments:
I LOVE reading updates about little Esther and the rest of the family :) The packed van is hilarious.I know all too well know how that feels. We went camping 2 weeks ago,however we only have 3 kids. Next time we're renting a uhaul trailer :) That Yurt is very cool,I've never heard of it before.
Kristy :)
Hey Kristy,
I've enjoyed reading your comments. If you are interested in yurts you can find them in many of the Northwest state camp grounds. They usually get booked early, but they are a great way to stay dry and warm in cool, wet places!!
I am definately going to check into them. Do they have a potty and a kitchen or are you on your own? HA! ;)
Post a Comment