Hey, it's AlpacaRob again. Boy did we have a hot time in the old town today. But, it was no problem. We had the perfect plan. While it was still relatively cool (emphasis on relatively) we visited Seven-Stars Park. It's a cool place where they have these seven (go figure on that one) limestone towers (they call mountains), a couple of caves, a small Zoo with a Panda, and my highlight of the park, the "Guilin Natural Fantastic Stone Gallery". The place, for this rock geek, was indeed fantastic. It had cool rocks and fabulous fossils and I even bought something, a fantastic Flourite crystal. After we finished at the park we had lunch and then, in the heat of the day, we trekked over to the awesome (not to mention cool)Reed Flute Cave. This is a big limestone cavern that they have lit up with colored lights. This was the beauty of the plan, while it was hottest we were in the coolest place. I will let the digipics below tell the rest of the story. I only picked out five of the 135 pics we took today. To date, we have taken 770 digipics on our trip and we haven't even got Esther yet....
The Happy Couple on the bridge of Happiness
Science Mama and our guide Lisa
The Awesome Reed Flute Cave
The Red Curtain
Rice paddies and Karst
2 comments:
Those pics are amazing! Absolutly stunning! I bet it was even better in person.
PS-We are having our 6 month post placement today.
Absolutely Beautiful pictures!! I can't believe that you are actually there seeing that gorgeous stuff!! How awesome!
Post a Comment