
So, I read Alpaca Rob's factual postings yesterday and decided you needed to know how the baby was doing. Yesterday, was an emotional, grieving day for her. After her foster mommy said good-bye to her in a hotel room and walked out the door, Esther was convinced that anytime anyone knocked on the door or we went to the door in our hotel...it must be her foster mommy to come get her. So, she would be ok for a while and then just sob and sob when our neighbors would knock, or the maid, or our guide...it was quite heartbreaking really. When she would wake up from her nap she would take one look at Robert and I as if to say, "Oh no...I thought this was just a bad dream....waaaaaahhhhh...you're still here!" Thank goodness she is easily distractable. We went for a city tour and a walk in the park and that helped break up the day.
Today was better. Only a handful of sad breakdowns. She is eating well now and every so often when she doesn't catch herself, she'll show us her beautiful smile. It is ever so brief, as if to say, "oops...didn't mean to let you think I might be enjoying myself...I'm still ticked about being stuck with you funny people."
The pictures below are to let you see some happy moments...relief after her first bath (she hated it), her strutting her stuff in the park, and proud Daddy (she loves pulling on all his hair...face, legs, shoulders) having walked her to sleep. I take joy in watching her start to unfold...like a beautiful flower slowly awakening...I trust in God's choice for this perfect little "star" (what Esther means) becoming one with our family.


2 comments:
Sounds like things are progressing well. Just remember the grieving is a good thing. She is beautiful.
Hey, did Robert get his Chinese haircut?
So sorry that you are going through this tough time. Just remember that it will get better and the we are praying for you and cheering you on. :) Christy
Post a Comment